We are experiencing tumultuous times, but that very turmoil calls more people to take personal action for service, healing, and bettering the world. To avoid burnout and bitterness, it’s important to stay centered and nurture our inner lives. Wellsprings of Wisdom strives to integrate the timeless and the timely, Tikkun HaLev (healing our hearts) with Tikkun Olam (repairing our world).
What’s New on the Site
New Gateway (Content Page), the Gateway of Seasons, which explores the beauty of changing seasons and the meaning of life cycles and timeliness, from earliest Jewish sources to our own lives. This Gateway is “in development” and I continue to add pathways (posts) for you to explore.
As the site relaunched, the Gateway of Darkness was added, exploring the beauty and wisdom of night.
New pathways (posts) on existing Gateways:
- a poem about water conservation by a Lutheran colleague, Pastor Peg Schultz-Akerson, in the Gateway of Flowing Water. It is my hope to continue to reach out and include material that shows our spiritual connections with people of many faiths and cultures.
- Breathing Meditation in the Gateway of Wind
- Community Gardens: Edible Towns and Gangsta Gardeners, in the Gateway of Gardens
- Amazing photo of whales spouting rainbows to remind us of the wonder of creation
- Light a Candle; Don’t Curse the Darkness, in the Gateway of Light, has been updated and expanded
- For the first time, I have a post that appears in two Gateways. Yield to the Moment and the Moment Yields to You seemed appropriate for both “Seasons” and “Flowing Water,” so I cross-posted it, and I plan to do that with some upcoming posts.
It is my joy to share Wellsprings of Wisdom with you. If you benefit from the site, the most helpful things you can do are to comment, especially in the Sharing Circles, so that we can have more interaction on the site, and also to share the site with your friends by word of mouth and by sharing posts on social media. You can also find us on Facebook and share with your friends.
Thank you so much for being a friend and fellow-traveler on Wellsprings of Wisdom. I look forward to continuing the journey together.
Follow Wellsprings in Social Media